Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon FTb shutter stuck Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Canon FTb shutter stuck « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tristan Laing

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 13, 2006 - 08:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone have notes or links to a site concerning the FTb, or hints as to how to unstick the shutter?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve Sweringen

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 14, 2006 - 08:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello, I am a camera repairman and specialize in the repair of Canon 35mm cameras and lenses. I know the Canon Ftb very well. Is the self timer lever partially cocked, if so, cock it all the way, this will release the shutter. Is the film counter window missing, if so, it may be lodged in the advance mechanism which requires disassembly to repair. If these ideas don't help, please contact me at:

Camera Clinic
50 Freeport Blvd #24
Sparks, NV 89431
775-829-2244

Steve

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration