Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica C TLR jammed door lock. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Yashica C TLR jammed door lock. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dave M

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 16, 2006 - 09:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've got an old Yashica C TLR which has been working fine for the couple of years I've had it. However when changing film recently I couldn't lock the rear door shut. The rotating knob (which the tripod screws into) didn't want to turn the full amount to completely wind in the sliding lock. It gets stuck halfway. There doesn't appear to be an easy way to dismember this without breaking the thing. Has anyone got any ideas?

Rob

Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 10:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a leatherette ring on the bottom of the tripod mount. Under the leatherette should be three small screws that may have come loose. That should fix the problem.

Dave M

Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 02:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Good spot! I removed the leatherette ring (which disintegrated) and the three screws hidden by it. Underneath the rotating knob, one of the three screws that holds the whole thing to the case had worked loose and got stuck in the mechanism. Easy to fix, and works fine now.

Many thanks for the solution!

...now to find that pesky tiny screw I dropped on the carpet...grrr..

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration