Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Fed 3 light seals Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Fed 3 light seals « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jeff Hollenbeck

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 03:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm sorry if this topic has been covered before, I couldn't find an answer by searching the archives.

I just acquired a Fed 3. For the price I'm not complaining about its condition. I had to repair shutter curtain pinholes (using advice found here -- TulipSoft) and cleaned the slow speed escapement under the top cover (thanks to Rick Oleson for a good sketch of this). Now, I noticed there are no light seals around the back. It appears they were never there. Is this right or have they been removed somewhere during this camera's life?

If light seals around the back are in order, exactly where should they be attached? It's not obvious for the bottom area.

Thanks again to all on this forum. Best on the net!

Jeff.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Glenn Middleton

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 05:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

These early FED cameras did not use fabric or foam seals around the camera back. I have always found well fitting backs to be light tight on the FED.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration