Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM 1n light meter does not work. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Olympus OM 1n light meter does not work. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kuhio

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, June 17, 2006 - 07:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Olympus OM 1n light meter does not respond to the light. any way to repair it. Thanks.

rick

Posted on Sunday, June 18, 2006 - 06:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The first place I would look is the wire connection at the terminal in the battery box. If this wire is broken off at that point, it probably was caused by corrosion in the wire, which will probably extend at least an inch up the wire under the insulation. Cut the wire back until the copper is clean, then solder in fresh wire from that point back to the battery.

There are a number of other places where a wire or connection can break; if this one doesn't do it, then you'll have to trace back through the camera until you find it. Except for the battery box, the rest of the meter system is up on top, accessible by removing the top cover.

Olympfix

Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 05:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Rick is absolutely right-, the only thing that goes wrong with OM1s in the long term is the meter. They are excedingly reliable They are the LEICA M3 of the 70-80s. Take the top off. No major hassles. All screws correct thread.Use a rubber doorstopper to remove the wind lever cover. Put a multimeter at 1000 ohms across the blue wire/ body connection-,positive and negative -it should deflect the meter to the top. If it doesn't, you have an excellent doorstop, or a wonderful piece of 1970's technology, which will take photos long after the 2006 digital geewhizzez will have gone KAPUT. But I do wonder how long film will be available......

David Orlowski
Tinkerer
Username: Daveo50

Post Number: 1

Posted on Monday, August 07, 2006 - 09:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Recently the meter in my OM-1 stopped working and a new battery did not fix the problem.

I was curious as to what exactly are we checking with the ohm-meter? Where exactly do you place the leads? I understand one point is the blue wire, but I don't get what you mean by the body connection - positive and negative.

Thanks

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration