Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zenit ET mirror adjustment Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Zenit ET mirror adjustment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Karl Ratzsch

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 20, 2006 - 06:02 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,
i just got myself a Zenit ET on ebay, along with three lenses. None of them focuses on infinity, which means that the mirror needs to be adjusted.
The screen is already in its lowest possible position. Trouble is, there is no adjustment screw on the right side of the mirror, where it should be. The mirror instead rests on the lower part of the arm which raises it on release, on its left side.
Funny enough, there is a long screw on the left, but it sticks out horizontally, and the lever which presses the auto-aperture button on the lens rests on it.

Has anyone an idea what happend to this camera? Perhaps a construction error? Im quite positive that someone has messed with it, but i somehow can´t believe that he bent that screw with the solid piece of metal it sits on out of place.

yours very flustered,
Karl
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Karl Ratzsch

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, June 21, 2006 - 04:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That long screw is on the right side of the mirror, of course. I mixed up left and right again.
Karl

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration