Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Loose Nikon FG hot-shoe Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Loose Nikon FG hot-shoe « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Philip

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 04:16 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I just bought a flash for my FG. The flash fires and everything seems to work great except that the hot shoe is loose.

Any ideas on how I can tighten it up?

Thanks,
Philip
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

rick

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 22, 2006 - 06:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I can't say for the FG, but it is pretty common to have these attached with screws from below. If that's the case you would have to remove the top cover of the camera to reach them.

To find out, you need to remove the thin silver metal trim piece from the inside of the shoe: use a jeweler's screwdriver to lift up slightly at the front edge where this trim piece bends down over the edge of the shoe, and once you have it lifted a bit just press it rearward with your finger until it pops off. Now you will either see 3 or 4 phillips screw heads, or just dots about 1.5mm in diameter. If the former, tighten them; if the latter, bad luck; a further disassembly is requierd.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration