Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax ME super Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Pentax ME super « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Stefan

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, June 23, 2006 - 03:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Pentax ME super behaves as if batteries are empty, there is no electrical function anymore. Of course batteries are not empty and polarity is correct. Has anybody got an idea what the reason is - are there any typical faults which migt be responsible for this?

Tom

Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 02:57 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The ME suffered from a series of redesigned circuit boards, all of which can short out or break over time and require replacement, and parts are generally unobtainable these days. But you can check for power breaks at least.

If the shutter operates only on its mechanical speed at Auto, and the LEDs don't turn on, you should check the battery voltage at the flex circuit. Check for +3V between ground and each red wire at top of the flex board. If there's no voltage, check the battery contacts for corrosion loose/wires and power (red) wire solder connections. Then check the main power switch for +3V at center lead (un-insulated connector) to the front-plate circuit board. If there's still no voltage, check the main switch for poor contact. You can also check the main switch by shorting between the red wire at the flex circuit and the center terminal at the front-plate circuit board. The short should turn on the meter. If it does, the main switch is the problem.

Stefan

Posted on Tuesday, July 04, 2006 - 12:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Okay, I will check flex prints and switches. Do I need any special tools exept small screw drivers to remove the top cover of the camera?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration