Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Konica FC 1 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Konica FC 1 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rob

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, June 24, 2006 - 04:01 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've recently come across a Konica FC 1. The batteries were dead, and after I bought new ones, the shutter still doesn't fire as well as the meter still being dead. The film advance isn't cocking the shutter completely, and the shutter release isn't engaging. Any ideas on how to access the film advance?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Erik Rahlén
Tinkerer
Username: Erirah

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 25, 2006 - 03:28 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just in case you didn't already know:
The shutter release wont operate without the batteries. It is a two-stage switch. First it turns the meter on, then it triggers the shutter. (There isn't a separate power switch.) Bad contact between battery holder and camera house?

I'm not 100% sure of how to get inside, never opened mine. From experience with the FS-1, immediate ancestor of the FC-1, I think that you don't need to remove strap lugs or the flash synch and 5-pin remote control connectors. Two screws are probably hiding under the rewind crank.

The FS-1 has a motor in the bottom of the mirror box to cock the shutter and the mirror lift mechanism. With a little luck Konica reused the mirror box design and then the mechanism between the film advance lever and the missing motor in the FC-1 might be simple...

Good luck!

Erik

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration