Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mintola X-300s light meter always ind... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Mintola X-300s light meter always indicates under exposed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Omega Xi

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 07:50 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi there, sorry if this has been addressed before, but I did look through all the threads. I did find a similar problem with an Cannon AE1 which was oddly enough my last camera but sadly I had to part with it because a friend borrowed it and dropped it :(

Sorry I digressed a little ^^; Today I found a Mintola X-300s at a car boot sale, I really wanted a new SLR because I really loved the way my old AE1 worked so I managed to get it for £8.70 (the person selling it wanted £20 but I counted all the money I had on me and he said it would do :D ). I made sure that all the obvious things were working at the boot sale, but when I got home and found the manual for the camera on the 'net I discovered that the light meter was indicating that every shot I was about to take was underexposed, even when I pointed it straight at a lightbulb. It doesn't seem to matter what I do, the little down arrow at the bottom of the light meter always flashes and if I set it to auto the shutter speed is always one second. According to the manual the battery is okay and I would assume the shutter uses more battery than the light meter anyway so I can't work out what is wrong.

Is my camera wrecked? I've been without a camera for a while now and it would be a shame :(

//Xi
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Don

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 01:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Could be a problem w/the AV resistor being oxidised. Try turning the lens aperture ring from min - max a few times to see if self cleaning helps. Also try pushing the spring loaded AE lock sw. down a # of times esp. if led's come on w/the main sw. AE lock sw. is on the wind side side front. Pulling it up sets the self timer.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration