Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon AF35 ML Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Canon AF35 ML « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Burcea Radu

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, June 25, 2006 - 05:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Canon AF35 ML with the following problem: the shutter does nothing and the film advance,too. It does meter the light, the autofocus runs but the shutter is dead. I do have the same problem with a Canon MC and I can't figure out what is wrong with it. Please tell me what to do.

Stuart Willis

Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 12:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A beautiful little camera and a superb lens.
Mine came to me with similar problems. Cosmetically near perfect but not working. I removed the top-plate searching for anything askew. A broken or corroded wire or contact - but found nothing obvious. Thre were some grains of sand in there and I carefully cleaned all up. When reassembled - "bingo" the camera worked perfectly.

It helps to know the history of a camera but seldom do we have that advantage. You just have to investigate - and hope you get lucky. Pay particular attention to the battery-power supply.
Trace it through with a Meter.

Good luck

Bob

Posted on Monday, July 03, 2006 - 01:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I had one of those Autoboy cams, but got rid of it because the lens WASN'T that good - compared to Konica, Yashica RF lenses of the day, even older Canons, the AF35 ain't even close.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration