Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

What's wrong with me? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » What's wrong with me? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

BrianShaw

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 07:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

So I needed a part to fix up my old camera.

So it's not like the old camera doesn't work... it's just that a better part might make it just a slight bit better.

So I buy a "junker" for cheap off the internet.

So the seller tells me it's just what I want... a piece of junk that's good for nothin gbut a few parts.

So then when I get it, I think "Hey... I'll bet I can fix this into a user."

So I start fixing it and it looks like it might just work.

So now I have an extra camera that I really don't need.

So am I the only one who does stuff like this?

So, if I fix every old camera I get... how will I ever get the part I need to fine-tune the first old camera?

rick oleson

Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 08:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i do that all the time. once i bought a nice OM outfit, and the guy at the store threw in a busted OM1 that had been given to him by the local newspaper after one of their guys tried to fix it and got it all screwed up. i wound up rebuilding the junker and used it for years before i even pulled the good one out of the box...

WernerJB

Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 10:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Brian, are you a mindreader?
Especially your last three sentences are exact copies of thoughts right out of my head. Which is also what I often think of myself: I must be "out of my head"! When I look at that heap of ex-junkers in front of me, each one a testimomy of defeat: again I couldn't resist! And of victory: didn't they say it was beyond repair? At least a challenge, each one of them. So you are NOT alone.
There is hardly anything wrong being crazy for defective old cameras to be put in good running order again, as there are heavier cases of disorder, aren't there? W.

Roy Randall.

Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 12:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh Gawd, there's more out there like me!
Am I comforted that I'm not alone, I'm not sure? I'll think about whilst I'm in therapy.
Roy.

Mark Wilson

Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 06:05 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You all sound perfectly reasonable to me...

M Currie

Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 08:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yep. Makes perfect sense. Like that jammed Nikon F I bought for the prism. Good prism, all I really needed. Now if I can just get the 1/1000 and the self timer working right, I'll have a working spare for the spare....assuming I remember how it all goes back together.

Well, if you have a use for two of them, how can you not have a use for three, right?

Benny Stevens

Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 06:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What a relief! I thought I was the only nut capable of this! I got two Nikon EL2 bodies one shortly after the other for the same reason. Now I would need a third to complete the second one...

Benny Stevens

Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 06:22 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Forgot to say : the first EL2 is silver. The 2nd is black. I had the choice : assemble a 'panda' camera or find me a second black one to complete the black 'donor' body. The problem is that I can't seem to pass up 'broken' EL2s on evilbay. I can feel now that the disease is ready to spread to other brands/models...

Marco

Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 11:58 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

three hundred and fifty, and still counting ....

Ezio

Posted on Wednesday, July 05, 2006 - 05:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Well, Frederick II the Great was King of Prussia, one of the leading statesmen and military leaders of his time, a very good musician, a literate and a philosopher. Yet, what he was really proud of was his capability to repair broken watches...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration