Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon A-1 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Canon A-1 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Scott Swigart

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, June 26, 2006 - 08:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Canon A-1 SLR camera that I purchased around
1982 or so. I am needing it to be cleaned / serviced to get
it back in top operating condition. Please send me an
estimate for clean / service work. Thank You.

M Currie

Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 08:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't think you'll find too many pro camera repair shops actually participating on this site. Two of my favorites in my region are Vermont Camera Works, in Pittsford, VT., and LeZot Camera in Burlington, VT.

Both have websites, can give estimates, will take mail-ins, and are competent to do the work. I have had numerous repairs done by VT Camera, and dealt with LeZot as a purchaser of reconditioned equipment. I heard recently that LeZot was running a special on cleaning/lubing/adjusting, so they might be worth a call. I am not affiliated with these outfits - they just happen to be two I know of who could do the work.

http://www.vermontcamera.com

http://www.lezotcamera.com

Kelly

Posted on Wednesday, June 28, 2006 - 11:57 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Scott,

You might try contacting John Titterington: JTCamera@aol.com. He charges about $75 for a CLA. I think you will pleased with the results.

Kelly

Harlee

Posted on Sunday, July 02, 2006 - 06:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Go to Garryscamera.com - A-1 clean, lube and adjust, $48.00 plus $8.00 shipping. Has done work for me in the past and I sent my A-1 to him yesterday. Harlee

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration