Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Agfa Standard focus adjustment Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Agfa Standard focus adjustment « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Mark Wilson

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, June 27, 2006 - 06:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have 2 Agfa "Standard" 6.5x9 cameras...one a junker and one a gem. Both focus on infinity (ground glass)when the dial points at about 18 ft rather than 30ft-infinity..someone even re-scratched numbers in the plastic.

I want to disassemble the junker to see if I can arrange a shim or somehow reset the focus. I can't figure out how to detach the front standard to investigate...this is a lever focus model with the compur mounted on a grey cylinder.

The lenses are nice...Double symmetrical anastigmats called Helostars. Unfortunately they present 8 glass to air surfaces, so some pictures are brilliant and some are terribly washed out.

Anyone have advice on how to proceed?

Thanks,

Mark

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration