Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mercury batteries for KONICA T3 Auto... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Mercury batteries for KONICA T3 Autoreflex camera « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hermann Ludwig

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 02:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I need two 1.35V mercury batteries for my KONIKA- T3 Autoreflex camera.
Is there a store in Canada, Toronto,Ontario area?
Please give telephone number.
I tried batteries which were supposed to be used for KONICA, but they were 1/2 mm too high.
Thank you.

rick

Posted on Thursday, June 29, 2006 - 04:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Scroll down a few messages for a discussion of this subject....

john

Posted on Friday, June 30, 2006 - 07:41 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I believe it is illegal to sell them in Canada. The batteries are considered hazardous waste.

Try ebay?

M Currie

Posted on Friday, June 30, 2006 - 10:43 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Repeating more or less what I said below, A T3 works well using hearing aid batteries, which are the correct size, but a little higher in voltage. Offsetting the ASA dial to compensate is easy.

If you are not familiar with the way the battery test function works, remove the lens, set ASA to 100 and shutter to 1/125, then push the off button toward "C" and observe the meter needle. It should go to the red area on the scale. To offset for different voltages, now just turn the ASA dial until the needle is in the right place. On mine, that is two ticks below 100, at ASA 64.

Buy the batteries by the 6 or 8 pack. They last a couple of months or more, but my T3 turns itself on in the case, and I often find the batteries dead.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration