Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Resetting Minolta x 300s Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Resetting Minolta x 300s « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Kym Congreve

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 01, 2006 - 11:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Minolta X300 and X300s. Both of which refuse to fire. The X300 appears to be dead with the light meter not registering either. I read the article on resetting the camera but am unsure how to go about it. I have removed the base and located the Wind Lock, but I do not know what else to do. Can you help please?

Leslie Stark

Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 - 06:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I'm having the SAME problem with my Minolta x-370, except my led's are showing. It won't fire, and it seems the advance wheel is stuck or something? The lever to advance moves with no tension, like it's dead. When loading film, I can usually feed the tail in, but the white-ish thing that grabs the end of the tail won't budge (pardon the lack of technical wording...). Someone please help?

Leslie Stark

Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 - 06:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have also removed the base & tried to "reset" the camera, but nothing is happening...

Rick

Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 05:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The shutter release capacitor is probably gone.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration