Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Petri ES Auto battery? Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Petri ES Auto battery? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Carl Daniel

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 08:34 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Does anyone know what battery (2 of them) is used in the Petri ES Auto? NR52?

Reiner

Posted on Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 11:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

NR52 (= PX640) is right. But you can use smaller ones like the 625 or the 675 types and add springs, shims or coins to fill the difference. Zinc air cells of the 675 type are very resonable because they are cheap and they are able to supply the current peaks the Seiko shutter of the ES Auto causes.

WernerJB

Posted on Friday, July 07, 2006 - 06:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Current peaks, Reiner? Amperage, I guess. The drain peaks are caused by the indicator lamps in those cameras (Petri ES Auto = Computor II; Ricoh 800 EES, Ricoh Elnica 35, Minolta Hi-M E, Miranda/Soligor Sensoret and several others), but neither voltage nor amperage is critical, those cameas (at least the Petris!) even work when the batteries are half dead and those lamps only faintly shimmer, W.

Reiner

Posted on Saturday, July 08, 2006 - 04:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Werner, current means "Strom" in German. Amperage migth be roughly translated into "Amperezahl". So I stay with current.

I can confirm that those shutters still work with weak batteries. But do they work correct? Or do they expose too short or too long. I think that the shutter contains solenoids and these cause a high current peak. When the battery is too weak they might fail. The indicator lamps even worsen the issue.

From own experience I had some overexposed images among many fine images. The only reason I could imagine was that the shutter just hanged in the open position for too long.

Werner J. Becker
Tinkerer
Username: Wernerjb

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 03:42 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

English and electricity both aren't easy, are they?

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration