Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Mirror in a Minolta SRT100 don't retu... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Mirror in a Minolta SRT100 don't return after shot « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Marco E.

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, July 06, 2006 - 10:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

friends:

I have a problem with a Minolta SRT100. The Mirror don't return instantally after each shoot, it remains locked up until I advance the film. How camn I fix this problem?

Marco E.
Veracruz, Mexico

rick

Posted on Saturday, July 08, 2006 - 08:09 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hola Marco:

I think the shutter mechanism probably needs cleaning. The closing curtain is supposed to trip the mirror to return as it closes.... if the shutter curtain is sluggish, or if the mirror release is stiff, there may not be enough power in the shutter to return the mirror. Either of these would most likely be caused by dirt and dried lubricants in the mechanism.

Ed

Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 05:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It could be that curtain tensions are weak--if the second is weak it can cause this and then, of course, the 1st needs to be adjusted so they are balanced.

Jon Goodman

Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2006 - 07:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hola, Marco.
You need only one small drop of oil...aceite. This is a common problem, and I have prepared two images showing how to remedy it. Please e:mail me at [email protected]. I will send you the images. Si necesitas hablar en el Espanol, puedo hablarlo, pero no puedo hablarlo perfectamente...hablo "Tex-Mex". (I said "If you need to speak in Spanish, I can speak it, but not perfectly. I can speak "Tex-Mex".)
Jon

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration