Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Pentax K2 DMD Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Pentax K2 DMD « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Steve Roberts

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 06:06 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi All,

I'm trying to sort out a variety of problems on a K2 DMD but the one that has me a little worried is the blue flag in the viewfinder that doesn't align with the correct speed. I've downloaded a manual which is unfortunately only a kind of abridged version and although it tells me what to do, it doesn't tell me how to get to that point. The top and front are off and I'm guessing that I'll need to remove the circuit board that sits around the film rewind spindle and also carries flash contacts etc.. Any advice would be welcomed.

Thanks in anticipation,

Steve

Don

Posted on Monday, July 10, 2006 - 05:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

IIRC, this model is similar to the KX but w/more features & a vertical traveling shutter. There are eccentrics that adjust the readout which means you should'nt have to remove the board. Email me back & I'll look up the info I have on the KX which should be of help.
Don

Steve Roberts

Posted on Tuesday, July 11, 2006 - 06:15 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Don, but it's the blue flag that indicates the shutter speed selected that was the problem. I delved underneath the circuit board and found a small rack and pinion arrangement that had a set screw with a dob of red lacquer. The lacquer was cracked and so things had moved but it gave me a reference point to re-set it to before tightening the screw and giving it a new red blob. All is now well with that, but I later had the film advance lever stop solidly half way through its travel. Hopefully that will be a fairly obvious problem!

Best wishes,
Steve

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration