Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Contaflex III Contapol Mounting ? Zei... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Contaflex III Contapol Mounting ? Zeiss Ikonians! Help! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 05:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My Zeiss Ikon Contaflex III typically uses a s (slip)27 mm mount to a series V filter adapter. I bought a Contapol Polarizer in great condition of the bay. There is a 27mm female thread for my lens hoodon one side, on the other there is a very shallow slip 27mm. It appears that I need a 27mm double male slip fitting to put this gizmo on. Any sage advice from fellow Contaflex users would be appreciated! I have had the camera for many years, and the Contapol will be handy for landscapes. Thanks!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Brian

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 12, 2006 - 11:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just answered my own question, I have acquired a Contapol 338. After trying it on my Contessa and Contina it fits them, Not the Contaflex. The Contapol 342, fits the Contaflex II and III and Rapid. I don't own a Super but suppose it would fit it also. The 338 has a female 27mm thread on the lens side,the 342 has a male thread. I would be glad to trade if anyone has a 342 and needs a 338, it's clean and clear.
Thanks!

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration