Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

The New Format Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » The New Format « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Robert Glenn Middleton
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 11:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

After the initial shock of finding everything Blue on Blue, suddenly everything became plain and clear - thank goodness. (I have difficulty distinguishing those single colour 'pages' and I have perfect colour vision.)

The new version still has that welcoming feel and the improvements and additions are both welcome and useful.

We all own the administration team our gratitude for their time and financial support of the Forum. Although the Forum would not function without the input of those that give technical support and help, it is the considerable time and effort of the 'backroom' staff that allows this to happen on a daily basis.

Just felt that our gratitude should be recorded

Will Inoue
Tinkerer
Username: Will

Post Number: 2

Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 08:19 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I second that - Thanks Henry and Margaret!

Will

P.S. I see the forum as orange on white - not blue on blue. How come the difference?

HL Matolka
Tinkerer
Username: Harlee

Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 08:21 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I thought for a moment that the colors were always there but I didn't notice them until I had my catatract surgery last week! ;>) I like the new format. Harlee

Glenn Middleton
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 7

Posted on Monday, July 17, 2006 - 08:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The blue colour was there at some point early in the initial set up, when I looked in. I guess the software allows you to choose the colour of the fields.

Henry
Username: Henry

Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 09:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

We are trying to keep everything as simple and like the old forum as possible. Let us know if anything isn't working out right. Or if anything needs polishing or improvement.

Henry

Mike Kovacs
Tinkerer
Username: Mike_kovacs

Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 10:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

looks super!

Any way to have it permanently remember my username and password instead of keying it in for each post?

Kar Yan Mak
Username: Admin

Post Number: 5

Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 06:06 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Mike,

Log into your profile by clicking on "Profile" link on the top of the page in the orange outlined box. There is a "Preferences" section where you can ask it to "Remember my username and password in a cookie" and it'll store your login information into a browser cookie so you don't need to enter the info every time.

I'd also recommend selecting "Clear the cookie when I exit my browser" so it'll delete the cookie once you exit the browser. If you're on a public computer, you don't want people using your account.

Henry
Username: Henry

Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 06:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Mike,

Check your browser settings. It should be able to save them for you. I use Mozilla and it does.

Henry

Howard Powne
Tinkerer
Username: Howpow

Post Number: 4

Posted on Tuesday, July 18, 2006 - 06:52 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Henry & Margaret. Congratulations on combining the simplicity of the old site with the new features of this one. I found everything very intuitive. Well done !!!

Jan Dvorak
Tinkerer
Username: Jan

Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 09:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Yes, super job. Thanks for keeping us tinkerers alive!

Jan

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration