Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Film Advance stuck - Nikon F3 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Film Advance stuck - Nikon F3 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Joshua
Tinkerer
Username: Joshrobs

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, July 19, 2006 - 06:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I've seen this problem before but on different cameras. I'm a fairly "new" photographer but I know my way around my little F3. I was working on some shots one day and all of a sudden the film advance lever just stuck. I tried advancing the film myself but that doesn't help. There is also a problem with the film counter and I don't know if the two happened at the same time or if it's just a coincidence or what. It was my fathers before I had it so I'm thinking the counter is just a side-effect of it's age but if somebody could help me with this, I'd really appreciate it. I'd rather find a way to do it myself than to spend tons of money in a shop.

Thanks for your help,
Josh
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

kevin pettit
Tinkerer
Username: Krp

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 24, 2006 - 07:18 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Josh,

Have you tried the mechanical release on the F3? Its the small lever w/ the memory button in the center. It is next to the mirror/mount area. If the shutter releases, it may be weak batteries.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration