Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikon fg fell. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Nikon fg fell. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

kristen rachelle
Tinkerer
Username: Kristen_s

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 01:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I was asleep when this happened, and I assure you I wasn't too happy when I heard this. I actually started yelling. Anyways, my cousin wanted to look through the lens of my Nikon FG and instead she DROPPED it. When I woke up cause it was near me, she freaked out and put it on the bed.

Now when you look through the lens it's all black and the film advance lever is stuck. Nor will the timer work.

richard a oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 7

Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 01:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Ouch. I assume you've tried firing the shutter without success. This is probably not a do-it-yourself level of problem, I'm afraid.

kristen rachelle
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 01:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hm, is there any chance it could be fixed though? i got it from my older sister & she paid for it and everything. so she was pretty angry about the whole situation.

richard a oleson
Tinkerer

Post Number: 8

Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 02:13 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It can probably be fixed, although there are a few things that can actually break when one of these is dropped. It might be kind of expensive though, compared to the value of the camera. If you have a camera store in your area they should be able to send it in for an estimate. If you don't, there is a directory of repair services at http://acecam.com/srindex.html

kevin pettit
Tinkerer
Username: Krp

Post Number: 2

Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 03:43 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

you might try setting the speed dial to M90 or B to see if the shutter resets, just a thought..

kristen rachelle
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 04:35 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

that last one worked. thank you so much i was afraid that something else broke in it. she's broken a different camera before so i was nervous about it. thanks again.

richard a oleson
Tinkerer

Post Number: 11

Posted on Sunday, July 30, 2006 - 09:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

good catch, kevin!

: ) =

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration