Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta XD 11 Light Meter Not Functio... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Minolta XD 11 Light Meter Not Functioning « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Doug Wilson
Tinkerer
Username: Loosecanon

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, July 28, 2006 - 09:25 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I recently aquired an XD 11 and am almost positive the light meter was working before I removed the lens mount ring. Now all I get is the red underexposed arrow. Does removing the lens mount ring effect the light meter in any way?

I also had the shutter open on bulb for a few minutes while gluing the lining back down on the side of the mirror box. Have I exhausted the batteries to the point the meter no longer functions?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Doug Wilson
Tinkerer
Username: Loosecanon

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 09:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Oh, I see; I bent that cute little brush contact. Not a bad little camera. If only the leatherette aged better...

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration