Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Help identifying a camera, please! Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Help identifying a camera, please! « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Sandra Moreta
Tinkerer
Username: Alessa

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 08:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi,

I need a little help…
Don’t know if you could help me identifying this camera…
It was hidden somewhere in my father’s room. I guess it was his. I don’t know and he doesn’t remember (things of life…).
Anyway, It seems that the label which indicates the kind of camera or brand… has been removed or something. So I can’t know anything about it…

There are some pictures on the camera in here:

http://galeon.com/alessaipf/camera.jpg

The only thing I know about this camera is:

It has a lens (I think that’s obvious… .-.)
There is a thing that goes on the top of the camera… this thing… if removed shows some kind of mirrors…
And… at the front of the camera, there are the letters: TTL.
I was searching on the internet about this “TTL” thing, and it seems to be some term used on photography which means: Through the lens. I guess you know about that…

Please help! T_T

Well, what I’m asking you… (people who know about this stuff…):

- Is it a reflex camera?

That would help a lot! If you could tell me the brand… I would be very grateful! I mean it ;_;

I have more pictures of the camera, I didn’t uploaded them… but if there is any generous soul that is decided to help me… please contact me:

[email protected]

Thanks so much for your help!

Sandra

P.D: If there is any kind of mistake in this text, my apologies… I’m not a native english speaker or writer… whatever… =/

Doug Wilson
Tinkerer
Username: Loosecanon

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 08:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Looks like it might be a Pentacon Six Medium Format Camera. It has a metered viewfinder (the black thing on top; this is removable and you will probably find the camera name plate beneath). It also appears to have a roll of exposed film on the take-up side!

Jan Dvorak
Tinkerer
Username: Jan

Post Number: 8

Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 08:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It is a Russian Kiev 60 medium format reflex camera. Similar to the Pentacon Six, has the same lens mount and can use the same lenses.

Follow this link for more information:
http://www.kievaholic.com/mediumformat.html

All the best,

Jan

Sandra Moreta
Tinkerer
Username: Alessa

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, July 29, 2006 - 07:11 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you both so much for the information.

I appreciate your help, really.

Thank you, thank, you, thank you!

Sandra

Zygmunt Roslon
Tinkerer
Username: Zygi

Post Number: 4

Posted on Friday, August 04, 2006 - 05:38 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

100 % Kiev , Russian 6x6 cm forman film frame..

Zygmunt Roslon
Tinkerer
Username: Zygi

Post Number: 5

Posted on Friday, August 04, 2006 - 05:39 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

100 % Kiev , Russian 6x6 cm format film frame..

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration