Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Ricoh XR6 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Ricoh XR6 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Zac Roberson
Tinkerer
Username: Dragonslayer13

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, July 31, 2006 - 10:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I inherited a Ricoh XR6. I know absolutely nothing about it other than it appears to function, and the previous owner never had the opportunity to explain any of it. There was a roll of film with it, so i took up the pics around the house to develop and see if it actually still works correctly. I was just wondering about some basic information on it. Such as:
How old it probably is:
How much it is worth (not selling, just curious what i am dealing with):
Where I can locate parts such as lenses:
And any other information anyone feels could be helpful in me expanding my knowledge on this peice. I have always had a great interest in photography, and this camera, but never had the chance to learn til now.

Thanks in advance

Jan Dvorak
Tinkerer
Username: Jan

Post Number: 10

Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 12:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Zac,

I can't tell you exactly when the XR6 was made; I believe it was produced during the late 1970's and early 1980's.

Value, in today's world of digital cameras can be all over the place - anywhere from US$10.00 to $50.00 for the body.

Lenses will not present a problem, the Ricoh uses a Pentax K mount and many lenses should be available. Quality wise, your best choice would probably be Pentax's own lenses, the mount is fully compatible with the XR6. Many are available for next to nothing, just try eBay.

Here is a site I found after a one minute Google search, with plenty of information:

http://www.butkus.org/chinon/ricoh_slr_systems/ricoh_slr_systems.htm

All the best,

Jan

Anirban Banerjee
Tinkerer
Username: Anirban

Post Number: 1

Posted on Tuesday, August 01, 2006 - 05:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi!

Have a look at Michael Thiele's Ricoh site at http://www.drricoh.de/SLR/index.html
for a complete list of Ricoh SLRs

Anirban

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration