Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Retina kodak Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Retina kodak « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

s.argento
Tinkerer
Username: Libau2

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 12:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have acquired a taken apart retina 148, I would have to fix it but I do not have the repair handbook. you can help me? excused my English!!!

Kar Yan Mak
Username: Admin

Post Number: 9

Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 12:55 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

This isn't the place to post for manuals. However, if you can provide photos or a description maybe some of us can help. Also visit Chris Sherlock's site for Retina repair pages:
http://rawhiti.tripod.com/

BTW, your duplicate post was deleted from the "Restoration" topic.

s.argento
Tinkerer
Username: Libau2

Post Number: 3

Posted on Wednesday, August 02, 2006 - 01:59 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

in the Chris Sherlock's site there isen't the photo is

Adrian Gray
Tinkerer
Username: Adrian

Post Number: 1

Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2006 - 02:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Not a lot of help to the OPer, but I too have a Retina 148. Other than a bad-tempered film counter it works OK, but suffers from bad light leaks. I have so far only run a film through it without its ERC as it was easier to pocket that way - is that a possible cause, or is there some way of sealing the back? As far as I can see there is no sign of any sort of sealing material ever having been fitted.

I'd love to be able to use it more regularly as it is such a jewel, and soooo pocket sized!

Adrian

charles stobbs
Tinkerer
Username: Charlie

Post Number: 4

Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2006 - 07:05 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would suspect the bellows. Can you slowly crank a roll of film through it in bright sunlight without unfolding it? If that doesn't show any leaks the bellows may be at fault. Or if you have a tiny light, open the back and front in a dark room and look for light leaks in the bellows. I have had several Retinas and the backs do not need any form of sealing (unless they have been bent or damaged in some way.

Adrian Gray
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, August 03, 2006 - 09:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I will try that, Charles, as I have some crummy films I've been given that won't matter too much. Worth the cost of getting one developed to find the probem if I can then fix it. I've also had a Google, and someone found their bellows had come away from the camera body, so I'll look for that as well.

I guessed the back as they are big stripes right across the film, but I am no expert! Will let you know what I find...

Adrian

Adrian Gray
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Friday, August 04, 2006 - 03:16 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I appear to have a light leak on either side of the bellows where they are attached to the body. I'm going to have to think about this as they appear to be cunningly designed to be inaccessible from both front and rear - they must be attached from the front, but how much needs to be dismantled before I can access the area to see what the problem is and how best to fix it, I wonder?

Any pointers would be appreciated!

Adrian

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration