Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

OM 1 ASA dial removal.. Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » OM 1 ASA dial removal.. « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Zygmunt Roslon
Tinkerer
Username: Zygi

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, August 04, 2006 - 05:35 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

How to remove the dial ? There is black flat insert in it ..should I turn it somehow or try to lift it by sharp blade to get to screw underneath ? Thnx in advance for reply. Is the figure ring with asa values stuck or glued or can be turned? Problem to fix; I want to turn it by 2 steps as meter reading has difference by 2 values (2 steps up..) Zygi

John Farrell
Tinkerer
Username: John_f

Post Number: 5

Posted on Friday, August 04, 2006 - 04:18 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The dial is glued on. Thomas Thomosy, in his "Camera Maintenance and Repair", Book 1, recommends removing the top cover (the dial comes off with the cover), and popping the asa disc off from the inside.

richard a oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 16

Posted on Friday, August 04, 2006 - 05:48 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Before going that far, are you overexposing or underexposing, and what kind of battery do you have in it? An alkaline 625A cell, after it's been in the camera for a while, can overexpose by 2-3 stops due to voltage drop.

The ASA knob itself is not removable, it is a part of the top cover. Once you have the top cover off, there is an adjustment under the dial (on top of the meter movement) that has a range of something like 1-2 stops.... so for the same amount of disassembly you might not need to tamper with the dial.

Zygmunt Roslon
Tinkerer
Username: Zygi

Post Number: 6

Posted on Friday, August 04, 2006 - 09:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Buddies !! You are gentelmen. Will remove top cover to fix it from other bottom side , instead scratching the dial glued to the knob...Battery is ok. I have placed 1.4 V substitute from farmacy (zink one) so the voltage is near right. (at present is overexposure 2 steps)Compromisingly now I set ASA 200 to 800 to trick meter, the trouble is one day I could forget it and be confused...Thank you all responded .!!!

richard a oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 17

Posted on Friday, August 04, 2006 - 10:15 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a sketch or two showing the disassembly and adjustment .... email me if you would like a copy.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration