Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Shutter problem with Olympus OM-2 Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Shutter problem with Olympus OM-2 « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Not given
Tinkerer
Username: Greenhorn

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 05:07 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I found this camera of my dad's the other day. The shutter release won't work. When you look through the viewfinder, it's just black - the shutter is stuck shut, I'm assuming.

Is this easily fixable or is it finally broken?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

richard a oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 22

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 06, 2006 - 05:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

before anything else, try this two-step process:

1) replace the batteries with fresh #357 cells.

2) Press the little "B LOCK" button at the bottom corner of the lens mount and turn the shutter speed ring to "B".

If you're lucky, when you turn the ring to "B" you will hear the mirror drop. Now turn it to any other setting and you're good to go.

If this doesn't work ..... you weren't lucky.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration