Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Nikkor 180 2.8 AF-ED Focus Fix Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Nikkor 180 2.8 AF-ED Focus Fix « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

pierre
Tinkerer
Username: Nasdak

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 07:23 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hy,

i just bought a used nikkor 180 2.8 AF-ED
it is in good shape but mounted on my d70 i get constant focus errors : the lens focusses a little closer than it should, so my subject is out off focus (call it front focus)

I think my d70 is fine because other lenses work great.

How can i fix it? i located a little screw under the rubber focus ring, but i'm afraid to loose focus if i try to unscrew it...

thanks for your hemp!

Glenn Middleton
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 25

Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 09:44 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Auto-focus lenses are outside the scope of this forum and I suggest you visit one of the dedicated Nikon forums.

I cannot comment on Nikon kit. However it is a fault that is relatively easy to fix on Canon EF lenses. You need to follow the service/calibration procedure and have the correct test equipment. The repair is not a simple matter of repositioning a scale or loosening a few screws to realign infinity focus.

If you are determined to go down the DIY path, get hold of the repair/service manual that covers your type of lens.

pierre
Tinkerer
Username: Nasdak

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, August 20, 2006 - 02:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

thanks for you precise answer glenn, seems complicated!
i'll just send it back to its seller.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration