Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus OM-1 md Question Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Olympus OM-1 md Question « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Nathan Schadle
Tinkerer
Username: Twiszted

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 - 08:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello my problem is (first of all i'm rather new to the camera) but when taking a picture rather often either the shutter stays closed or the mirror doesn't flip back up. When looking throught the viewfinder it remains dark. Then I have to use the film advance lever and advance it twice in order to flip the mirror back up or open the shutter, whichever one it is. Any advice would be greatly appreciated. Thanks
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Graeme Lugg
Tinkerer
Username: Grug

Post Number: 4

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 08:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

These cameras had a mirror lock-up feature to lock the instant return mirror in the up position. This eliminated any mirror shock while taking a photo. The mirror-lock lever is located on the camera body lens housing near the film rewind button. Turning the lever counter-clockwise will lock the mirror in the up position, and turning it clockwise releases the mirror.

Your problem may not relate to this at all, but it might be worth a check.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration