Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Auto Takumar Sticky Rings Help Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Auto Takumar Sticky Rings Help « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

JC
Tinkerer
Username: Zulualfadelta

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, August 21, 2006 - 08:33 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Howdy All.

I just recieved an Auto Takumar 105mm 2.8 today, it's one of the original type with a black body and silver distance scale and aperture ring.

This one has a very stiff focus and aperture rings. The aperture ring is not to bad below f4 but after that you have to hold the lens very firmly in one hand and turn the focus ring, otherwise you generate enough force to unscrew the lens from the camera.

Can anyone help me by reccomending the right sort of lubricant for the focusing mechanism, and secondly letting me know what could be causing the sticky aperture ring and how to resolve it?

Many Thanks
JC

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration