Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

OM2n film advance Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » OM2n film advance « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ian S. Macdonald
Tinkerer
Username: Ism

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 08:12 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

My recently acquired OM2n film advance just keeps advancing. It cocks the shutter, but the film transport doesn't lock - you could wind the whole film through. The camera hasn't been in use for many years so is this a case for grease and ease and if so how?
Thanks in advance

ism

richard a oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 31

Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 08:29 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Classic symptom of too much shelf time. The wind lever ratchet consists of a couple of little spring loaded levers that engage a gear under the wind lever... when the lubricant gets old and stiff, they don't engage. You need to remove the top cover to reach it.....

I have some notes that I can email to you -- they're too big to attach here.

Ian S. Macdonald
Tinkerer
Username: Ism

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 11:27 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

That would be great Rick. Thanks.

richard a oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 32

Posted on Tuesday, August 22, 2006 - 07:23 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i guess these don't post email links any more. my email address is [email protected] - drop me a note and i'll reply with the sketches.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration