Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss 522/24 Ikonta/Contina Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Zeiss 522/24 Ikonta/Contina « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Tom Bennett
Tinkerer
Username: Tom_b

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, August 30, 2006 - 09:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have two 522/24's - one Ikonta and one Contina. Of course, other than the branding, they are the same. Except for one small issue and I'm hoping someone can help. The viewfinder on one is startling clear and bright. The other viewfinder needs cleaning (inside). The top plate appears to be attached by two screws - one on the film reminder wheel and one on a round plate in line (vertically) with the take-up spool. Can I just remove these two screws with some level of confidence that assorted internal bits are not going to come spilling out? There seems to be little or nothing (other than the viewfinder and the cold shoe) on the top plate to dislodge.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration