Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Projector lamp/bulb advice pleased Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Projector lamp/bulb advice pleased « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Oddjob
Tinkerer
Username: Oddjob

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, September 01, 2006 - 01:32 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have just inherited a very old projector for "transparancies"/slides. It has the name "Gnome" on the outside and around the front lens. It has "Atlas" on the box. No other data to identify it.

I went to try it out but the bulb blew after a short time. I need a new one.

The bulb is a Hanimex A 1/37 [240 volts, 300watts; I am in the UK).

I can't lay my hands on a replacement bulb ... can anyone advise where I might source one or if there is a suitable alternative make I can get more easily?

Many thanks to you all.

OJ

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 36

Posted on Friday, September 01, 2006 - 04:46 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Try the following:-

Mr Cad 020 8684 8282 email sales@mrcad.co.uk

Denton Photo Optics 0161 336 4603
email norton.d@btconnect.com

Both of the above are true 'Aladdin's caves' and I have dealt with them for years. They both advertise regularly in the AP.

As for your projector, Gnome were a well respected manufacturer of projectors and enlargers etc for the amateur market. Disregard the 'Hanimex' name, any make of A1/37 will fit. Dave Norton at Denton will also be able to tell you of any other bulbs that you could fit, ie bulbs of slightly different wattage but with same cap and of a physical size that will fit in casing.

Somewhere on the Internet there is listed the old standard for the A series projector lamps - this gives cap types, physical size, voltage, wattage etc. Cannot locate it at moment.

Oddjob
Tinkerer
Username: Oddjob

Post Number: 2

Posted on Saturday, September 02, 2006 - 12:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Many thanks Glenn, I'll check this all out. You have been a great help. (If your PC is ever infected with malware ... viruses/trojans, adware, spware etc. ... and you can't remove it then you let me know. I'll see what I can do to fix it for you).

Cheers.

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration