Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Ikon Contina, little help pleas... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Zeiss Ikon Contina, little help please... « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Derek
Tinkerer
Username: Derek

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, September 06, 2006 - 10:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

A bit of help from the experienced would be nice.

I just purchased a Contina and an ME Super with lens for $50. The Super works.

The Contina advance lever is stuck. It will not move at all. I also cannot figure out which model it is, so that I might pursue the correct repair manual. It is definately not the Contina II that you see all over the internet.

If anyone could offer advice on how to:
1. fix the advance lever
2. figure out the exact model

The ebay item number is 260027864393
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Helens
Tinkerer
Username: Helens

Post Number: 6

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Thursday, September 07, 2006 - 05:21 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Derek,

Only the identification, but: It's a Contina (Matic) III, Zeiss catalogue number 529/24 or later, 10.6 plus two further digits which escape me at present. This is the second version of that camera, with a different meter, viewfinder and top plate than the first, and the only one of the two to be known in the literature with the optional "matic" suffix. It's more likely to be referred to by the 10.xxx number, too, but it didn't appear on it and I don't have a ZI catalogue to hand to remind me of the number (I find the 10.xxx ones far less memorable than the 5xx/24 type for some reason).

Helen

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration