Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Canon A-1 focusing Screen Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Canon A-1 focusing Screen « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dolfan
Tinkerer
Username: Dolfan

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, September 08, 2006 - 09:41 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

where does one find a replacement focusing screen and foam seals? I scratched the screen trying to remove the parts of the foam seal that were stuck to it.

Vard
Tinkerer
Username: Vard

Post Number: 1

Posted on Saturday, September 09, 2006 - 07:24 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

ditto that, I've done more or less the same as Dolfan, only the A-1 screen I've scratched was my girlfriend's and it was through my unfamiliarity with SLRs. What am I looking for, and, how much am I looking at to replace just the focusing screen?

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 44

Posted on Saturday, September 09, 2006 - 08:55 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have purchased A1 screens off eBay for £5/£10 inc p&p. However a word of warning; unlike the more numerous T90 screens that come mounted in a frame or the rarer AE-1P screens, the A1 screen is just a rectangle of plastic. Make sure the seller definitely knows the source of his item.

Your quickest option is to purchase a parts body and then sell on the bits.

The only spare A1 screens I have are ones that I considered too marked for re-use. They have since been used as film gate focus check aids, on other cameras. This means that they will now have even more marks on them, and in all likelihood be more scratched than yours.

Photopud
Tinkerer
Username: Photopud

Post Number: 4

Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 08:47 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Dolfan,

I have an a-1 focusing screen you can have. years ago I changed one out because I had gotten some gook on it while changing the mirror damper. At the time you could still get new screens so I just replaced it. I cleaned the old one up and put away. Now I've got like three a-1s one just for parts, so could part with this screen. contact me back channel and we're figure out how to get it to you. [email protected]

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration