Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Stuck shutter blades on a Zeiss Ikon ... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Stuck shutter blades on a Zeiss Ikon Contaflex super « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Dougwestphal
Tinkerer
Username: Dougwestphal

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 08:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Any thoughts on how I might free them up with out shipping it off for a CLA?

Thanks, Doug W.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 58

Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 09:24 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I don't know. If it's really just the blades stuck together, you could disassemble far enough to reach them and maybe be able to clean them from there... but if it's something more (which with the contaflex is about a 90% probability), tinkering with it will just make the inevitable CLA more expensive. Are you SURE you want to go here?

Jon
Tinkerer
Username: Jon

Post Number: 4

Posted on Monday, September 11, 2006 - 09:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The Super is one of the later models, and as such is nowhere near as serviceable as the early ones. I'd not take the chance. I still service the models I and II and occasionally the III and IV, but not the Super. There are too many pitfalls and one way streets. Good luck.
Jon

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration