Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Stuck shutter on Konica III Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Stuck shutter on Konica III « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Schmogle
Tinkerer
Username: Schmogle

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, September 15, 2006 - 05:36 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I Recently bought a fine Konica III. Not a scratch on either the housing or the lens. The only thing malfunctioning is the shutter, which seems to be stuck. Does anyone know how I can fix it myself? Would it help to descrew the lens and lubricate the shutter leafs?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Wernerjb
Tinkerer
Username: Wernerjb

Post Number: 29

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 16, 2006 - 03:45 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Schmogle, if you hadn't asked about lubricating the blades I'd have said you could fix it yourself.
But the question clearly indicates you are a beginner, and although cleaning shutter or aperture blades is definitely a tinkerer's job, this one is certainly not the right one to start with.

On the other hand any tinkerer has to start somewhere, somehow. So if you rate your abilities above zero, here's my advice: (1)forget about lube on blades, this only aggravates your problems. (2)Read as many postings about "cleaning shutters/ blades", "stuck shutters" and "oily blades" as possible. (3)Take a closer look at this forum's repair
"articles", especially those by Henry about the kind of work you will have to do when cleaning rangefinder cameras' shutters.
(4)Google for more info, then get yourself the right tools (Henry's advice ia a MUST before you waste money on crap!) and make yourself familiar with the idea of how to start (methods, dos and don'ts, etc.)
(5)Finally you will be on your own. If you can live with the results of your work - many tinkerers' first attempts often bring about disastrous results - everything will end up fine.

Never forget that it takes courage, steadiness and patience to be a successful tinkerer.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration