Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Profispot has fungus Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Profispot has fungus « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Eugen_mezei
Tinkerer
Username: Eugen_mezei

Post Number: 7

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 09:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi!

Any idea where I could find a repair manual for the Gossen Profispot?
Mine has fungus, I hope only on the front lens.

Or can somebody tell me how to disassemble the Profispot and clean it?
I see only one screw, can I unscrew it and try to open the case?
I want to do the "repair" only if it is possible to be done without needing recalibration after reassembling. (If it needs recalibration, I suppose I can't do this by myself and in this case I just could send the Profispot in to Gossen from the very beginning.)

Eugen

Glenn
Tinkerer
Username: Glenn

Post Number: 52

Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 08:27 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

You should note. On most of the Gossen meters/accessories, you have to remove the alloy name/data plates to gain access to the screws that hold the case halves together. I have never split a Profispot case and it is a long time since I handled one. However I seem to recollect that the side opposite the knob is the part that is removed, so do not remove the alloy plate on the knob side. Use a thin, broad bladed knife to gently break the adhesive bond. The item will not need recalibration - the 'electronics' are basically a set of fixed resistors. You should first check that the optic cells do not just unscrew from the case, you may not have to split the case and risk damaging the plates.

Gossen will only repair current models, they do not have any spares for the older meters and accessories. If you go onto their German site you can ask what the spares situation is for the Profispot. If they have spares available, they will provide such things as alloy name/data plates, battery doors and case screws completely free of charge.

I have never come across any repair manuals for the older meters, only the odd paragraph on recalibration.

M_currie
Tinkerer
Username: M_currie

Post Number: 7

Posted on Sunday, September 17, 2006 - 09:04 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Though I've never had occasion to use them, I have seen various references, always positive, for a place called Quality Light Metric in Los Angeles. They are said to be a good source for repairs if it's economically viable to ship the meter to them. I googled and got this listing, but as you can see, the email domain is missing:

George Milton
Quality Light Metric Co.
7095 Hollywood Blvd. No. 550
Hollywood
CA 90028
USA

Tel: 323 467 2265
Fax: 323 467 2284
email: "George Milton" <georgepmilton@

Billdlv
Tinkerer
Username: Billdlv

Post Number: 1

Posted on Monday, November 06, 2006 - 09:53 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I believe George's e-mail address is the following:

[email protected]

I e-mailed him a question about a Minolta Auto-Spot 1 I am thinking about getting. I can't find a free manual for it and I want to make sure it does not take the PX-25 Mercury battery.

Hope this helps,
Bill

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration