Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica Mat - 124G Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Yashica Mat - 124G « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Rlc
Tinkerer
Username: Rlc

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, September 18, 2006 - 09:49 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just aquired this camera. The meter housing is quite loose at the top. I see no attachment screws to hold it to the body. Is it possible that it was originally glued in place at the top edge?
Thanks for any advise. Richard.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 66

Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 07:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

no, i don't think so. i KNOW i have some photos of this around here somewhere, grumble grumble.... you need to remove the finder hood, it has 4 screws at the sides - then the front panel with the meter is accessible from behind.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer

Post Number: 68

Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 08:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Found the photos! Here is what the back of the meter looks like.....Yashica Mat 124 with hood off

Rlc
Tinkerer
Username: Rlc

Post Number: 3

Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 04:12 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you Rick. Your vast warehouse of useful information and your willingness to share that info with others is most gratefully appreciated.
Sincerely, Richard.

Bdcase
Tinkerer
Username: Bdcase

Post Number: 1

Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 07:58 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If I can piggy-back the discussion here, I have a 124G, the needle responds to light, but doesn't move when I adjust the shutter. I'm thinking the meter has become disconnected from the shutter mechanism, but I'm not sure where to start. Suggestions?

Thanks for sharing your expertise

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer

Post Number: 81

Posted on Tuesday, October 03, 2006 - 08:08 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

there's a mechanical linkage between the shutter and aperture controls and the meter... you can see a bit of it in the photo above, the lever to the right of the viewing lens... this stuff might just have gotten sticky. you can watch it operate by removing the hood and working the controls, that's where i'd start.

Bdcase
Tinkerer
Username: Bdcase

Post Number: 3

Posted on Wednesday, October 18, 2006 - 12:19 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi Rick, realized I forgot to say thanks for the info. Thanks!

Brad

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration