Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Minolta 300si operational question Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Minolta 300si operational question « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ethostech
Tinkerer
Username: Ethostech

Post Number: 7

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, September 19, 2006 - 09:29 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Highly automated plastic SLR's are not my scene but I have acquired an immaculate Minolta 300si for a family member.
It has on the back of the top-plate as falling under the thumb position of the pistol grip, a button labelled "AV".

I have not been able to sleuth the function of such.
Can anyone provide a definitive rock solid answer? Please.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Ethostech
Tinkerer
Username: Ethostech

Post Number: 15

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, September 29, 2006 - 08:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Two weeks with no wisdom showing up on the Forum !
What sort of a camera "expert" am I - when it takes a "mere female of the species" (just a joke, Helen) to email me directly with the answer? The straight answer is "A dumb one!"

In Manual Exposure Model the pistol-grip edge-wheel changes the shutter speed as displaying in the LCD.
Press the AV button (Aperture Variation ???) and the edge wheel then changes the Aperture.

I just knew "I" would work it out ;-))))))

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration