Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

How to replace Olympus OM1 Battery ne... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » How to replace Olympus OM1 Battery negative wire? « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chrisw
Tinkerer
Username: Chrisw

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 03:44 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,

I have an OM1 MD with a corroded battery negative wire. The corrosion is too far up the wire just to replace the section in the base. The wire is routed internally from the bottom to the top and seems to be glued in place.

How much dissassembly will I have to do to get at the wire to replace it?

I have copies of the original OM1 repair manual and some other articles.

Regards,

Chris Weir

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 69

Posted on Wednesday, September 20, 2006 - 07:40 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i have done a full OM1 disassembly but it was quite a few years ago and i did not make sketches of it. the camera craftsman articles are probably the best practical guide for the job. as i recall it was a more complex camera than most to reach the area where this wire has to go

Chrisw
Tinkerer
Username: Chrisw

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, September 21, 2006 - 04:37 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thanks Rick, I shall just have to bite the bullet and do the job. It will take me some time, with only limited spare time available & my Inexperience. I hope to be able to do a good job.

Chris Weir

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration