Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Zeiss Icon Contaflex: Spots on lens n... Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Zeiss Icon Contaflex: Spots on lens near shutter blades « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Jfax
Tinkerer
Username: Jfax

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 11:11 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I would like to find out how I can get to the lens area next to the diaphram opening in the Zeiss Icon Contaflex camera to clean spots off this area of the lens..

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer
Username: Rick_oleson

Post Number: 77

Posted on Saturday, September 30, 2006 - 03:03 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

What model Contaflex is it?

Jfax
Tinkerer

Post Number: 2

Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 08:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It is a Contaflex IV with a 2.8 mm Synchro-Compur
lens

Jfax
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 09:07 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

correction: 2.8 50mm lens

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer

Post Number: 78

Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 07:45 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

It's a bit complex I'm afraid. First, bayonet off the front element and verify that you cannot reach the affected surface of the lens. I assume you've already done that but figured it's worth mentioning.

In order to reach the inner surfaces adjacent the diaphragm and shutter blades, you may have to remove the shutter entirely from the camera. I think you can unscrew the rear cell from the shutter, but my notes are not clear on this. If so, I would go in that way and try to clean the surfaces from that direction. Not sure if you can get this off with the shutter in the camera or not.

If you can't get in that way, disassembling the shutter to get in the front is not a very entertaining process.

I have sketches showing how to remove the shutter from the camera and how to disassemble it, and I'll be happy to send them to you if you will email me at [email protected] - but if it were my camera I would want to be very sure that the spots were really a problem before undertaking this.

Rick_oleson
Tinkerer

Post Number: 79

Posted on Sunday, October 01, 2006 - 07:47 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

SORRY, TYPO:

my email address is [email protected]

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration