Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Baldax refocusing Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Baldax refocusing « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Phillip
Tinkerer
Username: Phillip

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 - 09:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

i recently picked up a 6x4.5 balda folder for $5, so decided on a diy cla to get the slow speeds closer to accurate. the shutter is now much more reliable, but i'm having a problem getting the focus readjusted. the focus stop is mounted on a ring that fits under the middle element, and is now in a different position than before. the focus ring around the front element has three stop screws which i have removed, but i cannot get the ring free from the lens.

does the ring push on or screw on, or something else? i soaked it in naptha for 24 hours and got nowhere, then left it under a hot spot bulb for a while, and still no movement. short of leaving it under the lamp longer i'm short on ideas.

the camera is a balda baldax 6x4.5, rim compur shutter, and the lens is a ludwig-dresden vidanar, 1:4.5, 7.5cm. any advice would be appreciated, as this is definitely not my area of expertise, and the only other camera i've attempted to cla was a zorki 1(with great results). thanks all
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Albi175
Tinkerer
Username: Albi175

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Wednesday, October 25, 2006 - 02:14 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

hi! i've just received a balda baldax I bought on ebay but...I have a big problem: it seems I cannot open the main lens cover. I try to pull the little metal pin on the cover but the camera seems blocked.anyone could help? thanks ! ciao albi

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration