Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Kodak Retina II top cover removal Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Kodak Retina II top cover removal « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Owlsplace
Tinkerer
Username: Owlsplace

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Friday, October 06, 2006 - 08:56 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi. I checked the archives but couldn't find anything on taking the wind knob off a Retina II type 014 camera. Is this a left-handed thread? It looks like the take-up spool is designed to take a wrench. I need to clean the finder optics so I can use my new/old camera. TIA, Roger

Charlie
Tinkerer
Username: Charlie

Post Number: 27

Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 06:31 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Google "Chris's camera pages" for a lot of info on Retinas.

Owlsplace
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 04:02 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I looked at Chris' pages but didn't find what I needed. Chris suggest taking the rear group out of the lens to get at the retaining ring for the shutter. This is easier said than done as there is no easy purchase on the lens group. The focusing helical needs to be relubed and I need to take the shutter apart to find out why the bulb function doesn't work.

Paul_ron
Tinkerer
Username: Paul_ron

Post Number: 4

Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 08:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Grab that rear lens cell with a rubber glove on or rubber tipped hemostat or plier. Once that is out, you'll have access to the retainer ring and the entire shutter comes right out. With that out, the helical is very easy to work on. You can also wick a tiny bit of WD in the threads if you aren't comfortable taking the shutter off.

Paul_ron
Tinkerer
Username: Paul_ron

Post Number: 5

Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 08:51 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Check out this site if you want more info on your Retina... http://www.nelsonfoto.com/v/showthread.php?t=5518

Follow the thread you'll be amazed at waht these guys do. Then ask your questions.

Owlsplace
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Monday, October 09, 2006 - 09:38 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Nice link, thanks. I did get in touch with Chris Sherlock. He gave me the reassurance I needed to get it apart without messing anything up. I pulled the top cover tonight but it will be awhile before I can get to the lens. I have done cla's on compur rapids before so all I need to do is find the time! Thanks, Roger

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration