Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Contax 167 first curtain stuck Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Contax 167 first curtain stuck « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Seppstefano
Tinkerer
Username: Seppstefano

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 07:59 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,
I'm a newbye of fixing, my first work has been to clear a Yashica ML50/1.7 blades.

Now I have a Contax 167MT whose front curtain sticks to closed, while rear curtains open regularly when I fire the shooting button, motor winds and all, but first curtain is simply firm.

Any information is much more than welcome!

Stefano

Seppstefano
Tinkerer

Post Number: 3

Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 11:03 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hello,
just a short followup. Today I refreshed the batteries and tried to shot. Everything was moving (motor, reae curtain, etc.), but the first (the front, I mean) curtain, as usual. While in bulb, I tried to gently invite the curtain to move, without luck. I tried to shake a while, no luck.
I think it would be cheaper to obtain a 2nd hand 167 rather than servicing it. Any DIY hint, would be most appreciated.
I'm attaching a picture of how the first curtain looks like, by lifting the mirror.
TIA,
Stefano

Seppstefano
Tinkerer

Post Number: 9

Posted on Sunday, November 05, 2006 - 11:40 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,
after the success with the 50mm, I decided to try to understand something more of my shutter problem, by comparing a good working 167 and my ill one.

While the look of the first curtain is the same (and that one of the KO 167 is stuck in closed position), the look of the rear curtain (that one nearer to film, I mean) is quite different!

The first shot for the look of the rear curtain of the OK camera,
OK camera rear curtain

the second for how the rear curtain looks in the KO camera.
KO camera rear curtain

Yet this second curtain - which is in a non orthodox position - moves (I see the "leverage" moving in a counterclockwise movement), while the first one is "fixed" in a close position. I began to open the bottom plate and refreshened all the contacts, but I fear I should understand how the shutter works...

Should you have any hint, please let me know.

Kind regards,

Stefano

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration