Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

CZ Planar 50mm/1.4 MM blades wide open Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » CZ Planar 50mm/1.4 MM blades wide open « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Seppstefano
Tinkerer
Username: Seppstefano

Post Number: 2

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, October 07, 2006 - 08:25 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi all,
I have an otherwise beautiful Planar 50/1.4 MM whose blades remain open even if I set the aperture to values different from the max.

The levers for simulating seems still fixed to its coil (I guess). Any hint on how 2 efficiently dismantle and (above all) re-build it?

I already did a dis-re-building of a Yashica 50/1,7. Now, what is the best approach for this valuable lens (otherwise I would keep on using it wide open).

TIA,
Stefano

Seppstefano
Tinkerer

Post Number: 4

Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 11:13 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Here are one pic of the lens. Note the 16 selected and (sadly) the blades wide open. The levers seems moving fine from the lens mount. But the blades are still, disconnected from the leverages perhaps?.

I bet this might be a general lens problem, isn't there any hint, please?

TIA,
Stefano

Seppstefano
Tinkerer

Post Number: 5

Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2006 - 02:39 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Some news from the lens recovery project. Well i dismantled the lens from rear, and found that the spring (in place) seems not strong enough to move blades to minimum aperture compatible with the aperture setting (I tried to mark items in the picture, beg your pardon for my poor knowledge of specific, technical terms).

For example, in my old Yashica ML 135, the spring seems strong enough to move them fine.

I went on cleaning the blades by unscrewing the rear optical group and using lightning fluid. Nevertheless the spring doesn't seem strong enough to make the blades move.

Do you think as me that the problem is the spring? If yes, where might I look for another one, cannibalizing an old lens, perhaps?

Kind regards,

Stefano

Seppstefano
Tinkerer

Post Number: 8

Posted on Thursday, November 02, 2006 - 02:48 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Just a short follow up for who might experience a similar problem. I unscrewed the 2 optical groups and reached the diaphragm mechanism.

Then, thanks to Rick's advices too, I cleaned the mechanism with lighter fluid and keeping moving it until it started working fine.

Rebuild everything, some grease, now it works fine!

Stefano

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration