Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Yashica FR shutter problem Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Yashica FR shutter problem « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Hiway99w
Tinkerer
Username: Hiway99w

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 04:26 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have a Yashica FR that I bought on eBay about three years ago. After I replaced the light seals, it has been trouble-free (except that the exposure counter doesn't work--although I don't really care much about that) until I tried to use it a couple of weeks ago and found that the shutter won't advance or fire. I have verified that the battery is good. The only clue I have as to what may be wrong is that the button you push to rewind the film seems to be stuck in. Any suggestions as to what might be wrong? Anything I might be able to repair, or have repaired, or has my camera died?

Ethostech
Tinkerer
Username: Ethostech

Post Number: 19

Posted on Sunday, October 08, 2006 - 09:32 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

There is a white nylon exposure-counter gear-coupling as accessible beneath the top-plate. These have a tendency to break and there is nothing you can do other than to find a good replacement part.

As to the current problem it sounds like the wind-lock is stuck.
You might try removing the baseplate and gently probing with a fine screwdriver to see what movement can be coaxed on the various levers and links. The chances are that you will untrip the wind-lock. If all then comes good - then apply a microdot of thin oil on the pivots associated with the linkage which you untripped.

Hiway99w
Tinkerer
Username: Hiway99w

Post Number: 2

Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 07:34 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Thank you. That was it.

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration