Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Praktica mtl3 now shoots on sync speed Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Praktica mtl3 now shoots on sync speed « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Yachtbirka
Tinkerer
Username: Yachtbirka

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Tuesday, October 10, 2006 - 02:10 pm:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I fixed my practika with a stuck winder, and all was good - I was shooting it for a while and it was working on all speeds, and then after shooting on B for a while it wouldnt change speeds and now shoot on B no matter where the speed dial is set - any ideas.

It is also a bit hard to wind and feels a bit like cocking an AK47, not at all smooth, with a bit of a grab on the wind mechanism before it gets to the end of the wind stroke, what are these cameras supposed to feel like?
any ideas on how to fix it?

Thanks in advance
Nathan

Ethostech
Tinkerer
Username: Ethostech

Post Number: 24

Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 02:01 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

If you care to briefly say what you did to "fix the stuck winder" - this may give potential respondents a clue as to the root of the current trouble. In particular - have you had the top-plate off the camera ?

Yachtbirka
Tinkerer
Username: Yachtbirka

Post Number: 2

Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 10:17 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Opened the camera top plate bottom plate, then unscrewed the lens on the left are two pivot points, pushed or pullled them while pushing sutter release and winder and DOF lever and the winder unstuck, it then worked perfectly for two days, but then only shot on B, I then used contact cleaner in the shutter, and that freed it for about a day, but now it seems like it is toast.

Mike_rgb
Tinkerer
Username: Mike_rgb

Post Number: 9

Posted on Thursday, October 12, 2006 - 10:37 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

I have 4 Prakticas & have learned a lot about them here....

http://www.praktica-users.com/index2.html

Good luck on your fix.

Mike

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration