Who are we?  Featured Cameras  Articles  Instruction Manuals  Repair Manuals  The Classic Camera Repair Forum  Books  View/Sign Guestbook

Olympus XA2 shutter action Log in | Log Out | Topics | Search
Moderators | Register | Edit Profile

Classic Camera Repair » Archives-2006 » Olympus XA2 shutter action « Previous Next »

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Differential
Tinkerer
Username: Differential

Post Number: 1

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Monday, October 16, 2006 - 04:42 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

Hi

I have an XA2 which takes very good pictures but the action of the shutter button varies. Sometimes it operates with light pressure and sometimes it does not operate when pressed quite firmly but does as the pressure is released.

I haven't pulled off the red button. It seems quite firmly glued.

Can this fault be easily repaired?

Thanks
Regards
Russell
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message

Chenard
Tinkerer
Username: Chenard

Post Number: 3

Rating: N/A
Votes: 0 (Vote!)

Posted on Saturday, November 04, 2006 - 11:54 am:   Edit Post Delete Post View Post/Check IP Print Post    Move Post (Moderator/Admin Only) Ban Poster IP (Moderator/Admin only)

The red button on the XA2 doesn't come off the way the one on the XA does--you take the top off the camera with the button intact. When you get the top off, you'll see inside a small circuit board which has the button and the LED mounted on it. I would try removing the circuit board from the inside of the top, and seeing if it was possible to clean the switch.

Paul

Add Your Message Here
Bold text Italics Underline Create a hyperlink Insert a clipart image

Username: Posting Information:
This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Password:
Options: Enable HTML code in message
Automatically activate URLs in message
Action:

Topics | Last Day | Last Week | Tree View | Search | User List | Help/Instructions | Program Credits Administration